Friday, August 06, 2010

Another Birthday ...

Hello there ...


It still isn't a bit like summer here .... further down I have a couple of photos to share of my day and you can see from the skies just what our British summer is like....
Firstly though I have another quick birthday card to share ... I suddenly remembered that this weekend my friend's grandson is having a birthday. Boys birthday cards can be quite difficult especially when they are that 11/ 12 year old stage ... anyway I looked through my digi files and found This kit, Yep, another fabulous freebie from Michelle Underwood ....



I promise you it took no time at all to make this ... All I added was the stitching, the little fences and the cupcake ....




I think this will be suitable don't you?

Today my husband and I went for a drive to a place called Nantwich ... a real old market town with tudor buildings and a slow pace ... we stopped off for lunch at a country pub we know and then on to Nantwich to have a stroll around the few shops there and then drove back stopping at "Snugbury's" ice cream place .. not that either of us are ice cream lovers ( though theirs is good ... very good!) but the surrounding countryside is beautiful and one of their fields in particular each year boasts a huge hay sculpture ... they have had Big Ben , ferris wheels, rockets etc., and this year it is an enormous Meerkat!




See, there I am by the Meerkat and you can see how windy it is and how dark the sky is ... I guess only us Brits walk around in the rain and wind eating ice cream in August!!
If you are interested in seeing the other sculptures ... Here is a link ...

Have a great weekend everyone 
Till soon
Ros




5 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

That is perfect for that age of boy. My son will be 11 and I do know how hard it is to make a card for that age boy. :)
Looks like fall there. You can come stay here and I will go there. LOL. It is still hot this week. We had 100's for weeks now we have high 90's. The poor kids practicing for football and band are dropping like flies and ending up in the hospital.

Stella said...

Love the card; and yes...a great idea for a boy of that age.
Gorgeous pictures from the countryside and sculpture. And believe me; here in the netherlands it also ain't a real summer Yes today was nice; sunshine and a comfortable temperature of 22 degrees. And tomorrow? Rain showers and again a bit chilly; like the past weeks......
( Oh did I write that correct? I hope to improve my English but I'm aware that I am making a lot of grammar mistakes and my writing
isn't much better!)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Nice and sweet! I love the banner, have been wanting to make one but..... too many ideas and too little time! LOL! Thanks for the link too, I love those sculptures!

Lynn said...

What a fantastic card and I love the stitching (I can't stitch for nuts except for fauz stitching) and the banner is so cute too. Lovely card for a young child :) Lynn xxx

Deb Neerman said...

Love this fabulous card ... perfect for a young man!

Love Michelle's kits ... I snagged this one myself!