Friday, November 05, 2010

Still here ..

Hello my dear blog friends ...
I'm sorry I have been away so long ... just all the work going on and my electricity has been off for long periods so couldn't even use my computer much. I've not really anything new to share as any spare time I've had I have been preparing things for the Club which started again last night - and for some up coming projects ...
It has been a rough week and still more to come ... on top of which 2 members of my husband golf club collapsed and died within a few days of each other whilst golfing! 
I made this card sometime ago for a friend who lost a family member ... simple, straightforward ...



... and pretty quick to make when the unexpected happens ...

On a much lighter note ... Thank you to my dear friend Kirsty, creator of CCCB and Chief Pixie at the Pixie Dust Paperie for these lovely goodies I have just received for my Club ... They will be so thrilled!


Have you visited Pixie Dust Paperie yet? The new November kit is now available and it is really lovely.
I hope to be back with you all soon ... till then 
keep safe

Ros



14 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

a very classy and elegant thinking of you card. sorry to hear your week has been hard. thinking of you, ros.
what kind of club have you started? sounds cool! so sweet of kirsty to send over all those goodies!
take care, ros. have a great weekend!
*hugs* steph

Unknown said...

beautiful, so elegant

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sorry to hear about the sad news around you. To make a sympathy card is always the hardest thing.
Glad the package arrived safely, hope you like the Dec kit. And I hope your thursday club would enjoy crafting with you. Nothing much, it is just some left-over Linda pass it on earlier on for the prize at CCCB!
Thanks for the shout out!!!! : )

Lynnda said...

Ros... I'm glad you are back... that card is just divine... love the combo and the simplicity....

Kirsty is sweet isn't she... im sure your clud will have lotsa FUN playing with it...xx

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that this has been such a rough week. It must have been quite a shock! Your card is indeed stylish, that's all you can do... Take care, Ira

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Ros! love the lush ribbon and these rich colors!
enjoy your wknd!
xxx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Your card is beautiful, and I'm so sorry that things have been hard for you of late (((hugs)))

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Ros! Love the 3D butterfly embellishment!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card and fun goodies from Kirsty!!

Clare said...

A beautiful, elegant card. Love the clean lines.

Sorry to hear about all the sadness with you this week.

We're bracing ourselves for that storm that's heading our way, hopefully it won't be too bad. We'll have the candles ready, just in case we lose the electricity!

lauren bergold said...

oof! what a dreadful week you have had--i am so sorry to hear that! that is a totally gorgeous sympathy card, however; well done, you! (i think those are the VERY VERY hardest cards to make!!!) ♥

Stella said...

Sympathy cards are always hard to create. This sympathy card is gorgeous; I love the combo of plain white, burgundy and also a splash of gold and black. Beautiful Ros.
Thinking of you; sent you an email...
XXX

Sylvia said...

Hello Ros, I would send you a bite of the Chocolate, but it would not make it through your customs as it is opened! I am so glad to have blog friends from the places I have lived and visited! It helps keep the wonderful memories alive! I also will never have too many friends. Your card is wonderful. We all get so busy from time to time that we are away, but we keep coming back to what we love! Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your sad news. The card you made is so beautiful.. I am sure it will give a little comfort.

Hugs, Linda