Tuesday, August 16, 2011

City Crafter Challenge

Hello! Happy Tuesday! 
... Time for a "Scrap Happy" challenge at City Crafter ... chosen for us this week by the very talented Cheryl who asks that we use Only Scraps for our cards or projects and if you are anything like me ... you will have heaps of scraps!! I keep every little thing.
I love this challenge ... and know that I could have made a whole lots of cards from my scraps ... which I intend to do as soon as time permits ... 


At first I pulled together scraps of the same tone ...
and then I decided to add some green in there too ... and can you see the little charm ... well I actually found this on the floor of a car park ... abandoned and unwanted ... but of course I knew I could use it 


You know this card came together so very quickly and I like it better than some of the cards I have agonised and taken hours over ... I must do this more often ... maybe I'll do another now... what about you? Are you ready to get Scrap Happy with us at CCCB? I hope so ... if you need inspiration, check out the work from the rest of the DT and our talented GD this week Tante Kathe ... and there is a super prize .. also from our lovely Cheryl  ... So I hope to "see" you there ...

Have a lovely day

~ Ros ~





18 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love green and brown together. What a great find,us crafters never let anything go to waste.xxx

Stella said...

This is a lovely combo of neutrals and a splah of green. Paired up with lace and that adorable charm that you found :) The charm and bow paired on top of that damask patterned paper is my favorite part :).
Your card is gorgeous; classic and so elegant!!
Have a lovely day...XXXXXX

jacirascrap said...

Seu cartão está incrível! A adição do verde foi uma bela ideia! Também já achei coisinhas lindas perdidas no chão, legal saber que não sou a única...

cnelson said...

This is sooo GORGEOUS Ros!!! Perfect use of your scraps!!!

Unknown said...

you have some great scraps...........your card is amazing

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Ros! I love the green you added and the dotted piece, I recognize. I could make a lot of cards with the scraps I have too. Actually scraps would be perfect for Christmas tags and cards. Have a wonderful evening.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely creation, I do agree with you, scraps make a happy card, and thumbs up for thinking green too!

Unknown said...

Such a good choice of papers Ros and that dash of green just does the trick! Love your card!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how beautiful! and I adore the colors too...they're perfection!!! I'm your newest follower and am so happy to meet you.
XO

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Ros,
I was starting to work on something today--and I think it goes with the challenge, so I might be able to enter!!!
XO

Unknown said...

What a Beautiful card.. Just looking at your scraps make me happy..

Hugs, Linda

Linda Breedlove said...

What a pretty mix of scraps... worked into a beautiful card! Love your bow, Ros!

Lynnda said...

This is just gorgeous ROS... you rocked the scraps!!! hugs...xoxo

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Love your "scrappy" card! That bow is stunning and I love the lace trim! I hoard my scraps because you never know when you may need that one little snippet right? :) LOL

Jacqueline said...

Love the fresh green color on this beautiful scrap card - I know what you mean about a card coming together quickly and just as nice as others you took so long over - familiar!

papertrails leaver said...

This is beautiful Ros! I love how you expressed your love for it and how it wins your heart over ones that require hours of labor! Aren't those the ones that make you go yeah! Lol! :-) Amy

Suzanne C said...

Love the color combination you chose with your scraps. Beautiful design and beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

What an insight survey, I like your article.

Japanese Zojirushi Bread Machine zojirushibreadmachine.com