Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Papercraft Star Special!

Hello and good morning!

Now I warn you ... This is a long post and full of photos ... so grab yourself a cup of tea or coffee and hopefully you will enjoy ...

I'm really excited to share not only my project but that today, here at
we have an amazing Guest Designer who is also generously sponsoring a fabulous prize for our winner!
This lady needs no introduction to most of you ... When I say she is not only a sweet and kind lady but an immensely talented artist it is an understatement ... Our Guest is non other than 


Mona has designed for many companies and her versatility is amazing ... so much so that she has now designed an exclusive range of stamps, dies and stencils for 



If there are any of you have not yet visited Mona's blog ... or her Mixed Media Challenge blog - I urge you to do so ... you will be in awe! You will also find tips tricks and tutorials to get the most from your supplies and learn everything from Card Making to 3D projects to Mixed Media ... 

This is Papercraft Star's Photo Inspiration for this week ...


 Mona generously sent each of our designers the exclusive Timeless Stamps and Time Piece Dies designed by her for us to use this week ... 
(I will leave links at the end of my post for you)

 

I was so thrilled to receive these goods ... You all know how much I love anything to do with clocks and as little Miss Sophia has graduated from nursery to 'proper' school ... It gave me the opportunity to make a fat little album ready for some photos and journalling ...


The papers are a mix of Dear Lizzy and Crate Paper but all stamps and dies used are from 
Timeless Stamps and Time Pieces


I made this in the shape of a little school house  ... Isn't the clock just beautiful! I've never used MFT goods before being in the UK and I am amazed at how much is in these sets and just how easy the dies cut!


You can see some of the cogs from the set next to my felt owl and I've used the clock hands as holders for the photo as well as a piece of the die cut clock to decorate the top of the page together with rhinestones


More cogs and I stamped the clock hands onto my paper where the photo mount is ... also a different clock face here


I stamped and embossed onto black card here to give a chalkboard effect and cut a couple of pencils up to stick onto a burlap frame ... the other themed buttons you can see came from my sweet friend Lynnda


I did use Rub-ons for the "best buddies" but again the cogs, clock hands and pretty black 'flowers' are from the sets
Feel free to click on all the photos to enlarge


Here on the left I cut the cogs from DP and the clock was done by leaving in the sections of the outer face in and stamping directly onto it


With all that embellishing I left the back just plain


I have loved playing with these sets and it's going to be hard for me to part with this little album ... but I'm giving it to Sophia's Grandma my SIL who will keep it safe 

A great big THANK YOU to Mona for her generosity

Please hop over to the Papercraft Star blog to check out Mona's creation together with the that of the rest of the team and link up your entry to be in with a chance of winning this awesome Stamp and Die set 

Thanks so much for stopping by - 
Can I just also say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by 9/11 as we remember today

Till soon

~ Ros ~


     
          Die-namics MPD Time Pieces      

                       





25 comments:

Zue said...

Amazing project Ros. Sophia will love it!
Sue xx

Rebecca Deeprose said...

You've created a fabulous album!!! I love the playfulness of it, glorious, lively colors and great embellishments! Terrific, Ros!

Sasha said...

Fabulous work, Ros! So colourful and full of loveliness. I bet no other little girl at Sophia's school has an album like that!
Mona's new stamps and dies look fab! Lucky you having some to play with xx

Unknown said...

Oh my Stars.. What an amazing project my friend. It looks like you had a blast creating this.. I know I enjoyed seeing it. Well done..

Hugs~

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Ros! Your mini album is darling! I love all the detail especially that cute owl! Your attention to detail is amazing! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Astrid Maclean said...

Lucky you I love Mona's work and your album here looks fabulous!!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS should be published on the cover of a magazine, Ros! GORGEOUS details on Every page! You really showcased Mona's stamps so well! She will LOVE THIS! Sophia is a lucky little girl!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is AMAZING, Ros! Gosh, I just love it to bits and bits and BITS! So many great details and embellishments, and I adore the yummy ribbon you've tied it all up with! Great job!

Barbara said...

Awwwwwww... How adorable! I love every single page of it! But probably the favorite is the owl... if it hasn't happened already (can't imagine), this will certainly secure a place for you in her heart!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Ros this album is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love all the spectular details!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I absolutely love what you did here! The fun elements, the sweet colors, what awesome mini album! Well done!

Diane said...

Love this awesome album Ros...my goodness, it is so full of beautiful pages, I just had to look at it several times!! I can see why you would not want to part with it...too much love and work went into it...but I know she will LOVE it!! The MFT dies you used look wonderful....another fun challenge for us!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow, what an amazing project! Your mini album is just adorable! Thanks for sharing! I especially love that little owl! So cute!

Sylvia said...

What a fabulous book for your Sophia, Ros, I know her mum will love putting all the bits and pieces in this lovely book! Some day she will look back at it and think, what a brilliant auntie I have! Have a fabulous Thursday!

Unknown said...

Awesome post Ros, loving those stamps from Mona and what a great album you have created for Miss Sophia! love it!!!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wonderful project Ros! Love how you have used the sentiments! They are perfect and the clocks with the gears...brilliant!

Hugs,
Anitra

Unknown said...

That is one amazing project you are showing us here Ros! Sophia will be over the moon, she'll love looking at all the pretty papers, adornments and colours, as do I! Amazing job! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Lynnda said...

wow so much beautiful things to see Ros... Love it... brilliant! hugs...x

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh Ros this is the cutest little album. You have packed it full of goodies and those stamps and dies from Mona are fabulous. They are definitely you and I'm sure we'll be seeing them on lots of your projects. So versatile! Sophia is going to have the best little treasure of her nursery school memories. Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Ros this is as cute as can be! I love all of the sweet details you've added!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a gorgeous little album and a beautiful gift for the Young Graduate! I'm sure she'll love it!

Heidi said...

Your album is amazing!
All those beautiful details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Heather Rogers said...

What a darling little book. All of the pages look fabulous. :)

Mrs Beez said...

A fabulous album and a fantastic keepsake to cherish. I long to do something like this but am too nervous! Awesome project.

Rebekah said...

Oh my stars!! Jaw dropping gorgeous and chock full of goodies. I am in love with your mini album.. I'm going back for a second look. Fab job:)