Friday, December 12, 2014

Bling It On

Hello there!

We're having crazy weather here ... We've just had a hail storm followed by blue skies ... It's been like that all morning...

Yesterday I decorated the house for Christmas and tomorrow,weather permitting, I'm hoping to travel to Lincoln to see my Aunt... She had to have her little kitty put to sleep last week so you can imagine how sad she is...

I've still got lots of cards to share ... some got sent before I remembered to photograph them Lol!

This one features the new dies I got from Simon Says Stamp again except I did something different with the tree die


Those little swirls should pop out so the tree looks like this


But I left them in and used foam dots to pop them up and then added pearls
You can see from this next photo how they are raised


I love it when you can use your dies different ways


... And use the left over pieces like those dots to add a little more interest

I'm linking this up to The Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp which is 
"Bling It On"

Thanks to all of you who responded to the blogger problem ... You are quite right ... there is no need to fill in the verification number - your comment publishes without it ... Who knew?

I hope you have a lovely day and that the season isn't stressing you too much

Keep safe

~ Ros ~


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Ros, it is wonderful card! )) So nice!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous! and your color scheme is my favorite for Xmas! Truly magical!!

Tracy said...

Wow! Just wow! Those little springy bits really add life to your tree. Totally clever idea Ros. So striking in so many ways. Hugs!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Ros--this is stunning & such a creative way to use that die!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous card!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Ros! Love the soft champagne palette, it's so elegant and what a genius way to add dimension on your tree! Amazing! Enjoy your trip! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Love the fancy die cut tree! All the pearls and shimmery detail add such a touch of elegance!

Davi said...

I love that die you used Ros it is beautiful and the little pearls are the perfect touch of glam! A beautiful card :)

Manuela said...

beautiful cards, very pretty the tree die,I am sorry for your aunt!

Mrs Beez said...

Wow Ros this is simply superb. How inventive and creative you are and what a stunning result.

Barbara said...

Oh, so lovely! And the white/gold combination again... combined to perfection!

Sylvia said...

What a sweet tree, Ros, beautiful card!

Stella said...

It's a wonderful idea to add the pearls. Gving the tree a touch of that sparkle that we all love. This is breathtaking!
The weather has been horrible here too. With loads of rain on Thursday and Friday and now it's chilly.
Hope you were able to visit your aunt. Sending love,
XXXXX

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE what you did and the pearls are such a FAB detail! Really makes this card POP!

BożenA said...

Amazing card, especially the first one. Christmas is like carved from the frozen silver. Wonderful effect.
Regards,
Bozena

cheiron said...

So pretty with the pearls...very elegant! Thanks so much for playing along in the Bling It On Challenge with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Diane said...

Classy and elegant..what a beautiful card...and who would of thought to add those "swirls" back in AND use the dots...you are so creative my friend!! I am so sorry to hear of your Auntie's kitty cat..so sad!! I still am not decorated for Christmas, except the tree!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wow wow woooow! I love that Christmas tree and the swirly bits popping out! It looks fantastic! Love the sparkle and shimmer, such an elegant festive card!