Tuesday, December 09, 2014

City Crafter 241

Hi there ...
It's time for a new challenge at City Crafter and this week the lovely Kirsty is hosting for us with a 
"Glittering Snowflake" 
challenge


The colours and the simplicity of the inspiration photo inspired this card - not as overly ornate as some of my recent ones


The snowflake is a wooden one that I sprayed silver and then dipped into glitter


I used my long forgotten about glue pad to stamp some more snowflakes and then sprinkled glitter on them

Our GD this week is Mariken - Winner of week 236 Click on her name to go visit her lovely blog
We are also offering a GD spot to this week's winner so get out your sparkle and come join us this week! Remember there will only be one more challenge before we wrap up for the Christmas break

Don't forget to visit the City Crafter Blog to see what Mariken and the rest of our team have come up with

Have a beautiful day

~ Ros ~






16 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

This reminds me of a sophisticated and stylish Narnia. I love the lamppost and the stamped background together with the stitched ground look fabulous.

Diane said...

Beautiful "sparkle"....a great idea to cover the wooden snowflakes with glitter (why didn't I think of that..lol)....another beauty yu have created!! Are you getting ready for Christmas?? I am so behind!!

Samra said...

What a sparkling beauty this is! Gorgeous card Ros! Thank you for the inspiration :)

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Ros! Love the wooden snowflake, it really turned out great! The silver looks amazing against the soft background! Another stunning card! holiday hugs :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the silver and the streetlamp!

Laura said...

This is so stunning! I love all that sparkle!
You should play with us over at LiaStampz. This challenge is about metallic or sparkle: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/11/challenge-78-add-some-sparkle-or.html

I'd love to see you there.
Laura

Barbara said...

Wonderful glittery snowflakes! Gorgeous card!

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Ros, love that snowflake! Happy Tuesday.

did you know your moderated comment has changed to include a type the number feature?

Unknown said...

What a lovely winter scene on your card Ros! Reminds me of one night when my DH and I were snowed in at Amsterdam! SO pretty! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Maria said...

Look at all the sparkle and shine...so pretty! Love this wintery scene, Ros!:-)

Stella said...

Hello sweetie! We will be able to make a card for a challenge together; in 2015 :) And I love your take on this theme. I never ever get tired of glitter and I love the subtle details you added on this card. To be honest; I never seen an overload. You know exactly how much details and embnellishments a card needs.I LOVE that sparkle die!!
XXXXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful!

Davi said...

So beautiful with the snowflakes all shimmery and I love love the beautiful lamppost!!

Tracy said...

I think your honorary colors are silver and blue. :-) Another card full of fun die cuts, great stamping, and LOTS of sparkle!

Greta said...

Love all the sparkle & your design, Ros! Great idea to put glitter on the wooden snowflake!

Sue Lelli said...

Maybe not as ornate but definitely PRETTY, Ros!