Tuesday, December 16, 2014

City Crafter 242

Hello and good morning!

I'm hosting the challenge this week at City Crafter and this will be our last one before Christmas so I do hope you will join us

The challenge this week is a 
Christmas Colour Challenge


I'm asking that you make a Christmas Card, Tag or Project 
and that you use ALL the colours shown ... you can use neutrals too

I'm really thrilled to say that our Guest Designer this week is someone a lot of you know - the wonderful Darnell Knauss

Darnell is not only a very talented card maker but constantly makes me smile with her fun and witty posts - Click Here to be taken to her blog and you'll see exactly what I mean!

My card is a kind of nautical Christmas card using those cute penguins again


I was imagining being on a winter cruise when I created this ... Looking through the porthole and seeing these fun guys ... I know ... 
Just indulge me Lol!


I used all the colours and those keen eyed amongst you will see just a teeny bit of green too ... for the holly ... Oh well, it's Christmas


... And my penguins and I had fun!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations this week and we have a very generous sponsor 


... who will be awarding the winner 4 digital image stamps of their choice
Please click the link and go visit the store ... you will be enthralled with the beautiful stamps available!

Right ... I'm off to visit the City Crafter Blog to see what Darnell and the rest of my lovely team mates have come up with ...

Have a wonderful day!

~ Ros ~

19 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely loving the port hole idea. Its so cute on to of the rolling show hills.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Diane said...

Haha...this card made me laugh and smile as soon as I saw it...OMGoodness, how clever and how dang adorable. Funny but I have been drawn to Penguins this year for my wrappings!!

Pamellia said...

Oh wow Ros, this is one of my favs! Those penguins are too cute and the shaker window is so dimensional with all those fabulous layers! Another stunning make! holiday hugs :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I love the idea of the cruise portal window!! So cute!!

Maria said...

Such a FUN darling card with the penguins, Ros! It surely made me smile...just too CUTE!:-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous make!!! Love the playful character of your card Ros, looks as if your penguins are actually swimming. Such a fun card, absolutely darling! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

AppleApricot Wen said...

Your card is such a joy to look at Ros, great idea this cruise window with the penguins, absolutely love it! Beautiful beautiful! xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable Ros! Those little penguins are the cutest! Love the underwater scene! So fun and creative!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Your nautical Christmas card really made me smile. That's a new concept for me I confess and I looove it! Your penguins look adorable! hugs x

Tracy said...

LOL I had fun too. Who wouldn't, finding those fellas peeping through your port hole. This is such a unique and clever twist on those penguins Ros. You get extra points for creativity. :-) Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Is that CUTE or what?????

Barbara said...

That's too cute!! My first thought was that the penguins were in a washing machine, though!

Greta said...

Unexpected, clever & cute! Love this, Ros & love the colors you picked for the challenge!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely the cutest card, Ros, love the penguins playing in the snow!

Stella said...

Oh my these cuties! I love love love your take on this colors! The design made me sigh; which is a good thing because it measn that I am in awe :)
Fab, fun and fabulous. You never cease to amaze me....
XXXXX

Mrs Beez said...

How cute! Love the whole design - especially the detail of the little hearts - a beautiful touch.

Manuela said...

super cute card, great idea and design :-)

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE the creative thought that went into this! A port hole! How FAB it would be to see these cute guys out the window! FAB card, Ros!

Darnell said...

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Ros, and the very kind shout out! I'm delighted to be playing with you and your wonderful challenge colors!! I karacked up when I saw your amazing porthole with the bobbing penguins peaking in to see what the humans were doing!! You are brilliant. Period. End of sentence. Happy Christmas to you and yours and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell