Monday, December 22, 2014

One more Birthday

Hello there ...

I'm just popping in with another Male birthday card
Last week my nephew Alan - daddy to Sophia - celebrated his 40th Birthday ... We've always been close, often disagreed and if I think he's wrong I tell him he's wrong, but I love him dearly.
 It's been a tough year for him and I guess for the family ...  I hope that the New Year brings him and Sophia much joy


The camera never co operates with anything shiny and I've given up trying to reason with it


The majority of this card was made from left overs ... How I love it when I can pull them together


My goal for the new year is to have a big clear out of craft stuff that I have hoarded and will never use ... When I started out ... like most of you I guess ... I collected things I thought I'd use ... gave most things a try before I found my own little niche ... what suited me and what I was comfortable with. I have a ton of things I collected for the Thursday club too ...
Pat said she's first in the queue for throw out stuff Lol!! She's already taken a lots of my old cards

Wishing you a wonderful day my friends

~ Ros ~


15 comments:

Stella said...

I want to be the second one in line; no just kidding :) I am an excellent hoarder...
I love this card made from left overs; they are so pretty and putting them together you made a fab card. I love a shiny look, balloons. word dies and a good design.

And if you want I can help you with a bit of cleaning; I love to reorganise:)
Sending love and lots of hugs!
XXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! I love your color choices! I sure hope they have a better year too! :-) Merry Christmas Ros!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a gorgeous card..With disagreements it makes you more like siblings than in laws lol

Carol

Tracy said...

I sooo want to do a good culling too. I've learned to only purchase things that are versatile and I KNOW will get used more than once. LOL The card is wonderful. I like the multicolored birthday and the shine of the silver numbers. Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a lovely creation.

Jinny Newlin said...

I'm am SO BAD at guy cards! I need to make one right now, and I keep putting it off. Thanks so much for this fantastic inspiration, Ros! I adore the way you made glitter masculine ;).

Greta said...

So festive--love all the shine! Great card, Ros--I'm sure it made your nephew smile. Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! That's the advantage of renovating Ros, you simply HAVE to get rid of overstock, because where on earth are you going to stock all of it, lol! So I gave loads of stuff away to my SIL who is working at a school with disabled children and then at least I know that they will be put to good use. Your male card looks splendid, very masculine and festive at the same time! Merry CHristmas to you and your loved ones, hugs, Ira xox

Ira’s Crea Corner

AppleApricot Wen said...

It's a beautiful male card Ros, I so much love these colours!
Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful Christmas time! Big hugs xxx

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous card Ros and a great design for a man card. I hope to join you with the de-stash in 2015 but I suspect all it will do is remind me of some great supplies I have, but have forgotten, and I will continue to hang on to my hoard!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic birthday card Ros! Can't believe this was made from scraps! Love the artsy background and all the die cut balloons! Happy Birthday Alan!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is such a fun birthday card, perfect for a 40 year old. Love the touches of glamour. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season and a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue Lelli said...

So funny to read this! I amy in the process of cleaning out the stash in my closet as we speak!

LOVE this Happy card made from scraps! It is just delightful!

Barbara said...

Does "pretty" have positive connotations when it comes to describing a male birthday card?? Because that is what I think it is! It's just amazing what can be done with left over paper and bits. There are several boxes of it waiting to be put to good use here, too... maybe come the new year...

Diane said...

Loving the colors and the "frame" with those balloons, (another die on my list).....you are great with the male cards, I struggle with those terribly!!
Have a happy new year my friend!!