Saturday, March 05, 2016

NBUS Challenge 6

Hello...

I'm popping in to share a card I made for the lovely Darnell's fun NBUS challenge 6!


I couldn't bear to miss it even though my mojo has gone on a winter break, no doubt to get away from the cold.
My NBUS item it the Paper Smooches Bird House die I just received


I even used some patterned paper on this... that paper is really stacking up. I buy it 'cos it's pretty and then it just sits there...


I cut one of the 2 bird houses that comes in the set, layered it up then coloured it with a copic - It's a linen type CS which gives it some texture. The leaves (coloured with copics) were in my bits box along with the grass and the glossy birds are from a Memory Box set, I kind of preferred them to the one's that came with the dies


 Just a little tip for you ... sometimes I want a glossy finish to a die cut but those little ones are quite fiddly so rather than use Glossy Accents or something similar I smoosh the CS with VersaMark add clear E/B then heat. Let it cool and then cut out my die...Voila!

I hope you have a lovely day / evening

Till soon

~ Ros ~
 
 

16 comments:

Judith said...

Such a pretty scene! I love the little birds and the linen birdhouse!
Thank you for the tip!
Have a pleasant Saturday evening!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is beautiful Ros!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty! I would say that your mojo had returned big time! But I know what you mean with losing inspiration from time to time...I just went through that...(and I think I still am...smile)

Tracy said...

I adore that die!! I'm trying to watch my crafty spending right now or it would be in my hands too. It looks great with the MB birds. More of a serious look for your lovely card. Hugs!

Lorraine said...

That's a great die cut. Love the little scene you've created.

Greta said...

I love this card, Ros! I've used clear EP on my die cuts, but never before die cutting--thanks for the tip!

Darlene said...

Oh Ros ... I absolutely LOVE this card creation! WELL DONE!! Very inspirational to me! Have a great day!

Barbara said...

So glad you used that paper (along with the other supplies) to create this wonderful card! Love it!

Kathy Krug said...

As always I just love your style. Everything just work and looks classy.

Helen F. said...

This is such a pretty card, Ros. Love the texture of that little birdhouse and the leaves are a perfect addition.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip. I use EP and versa mark quite a bit but always do it afterwards and yes it can be fiddly, so will try doing it first, then die cutting it....sounds a great idea. Love the layering and texture on your card, especially the bird house. The little bird at the bottom is so cute looking up at the other bird...maybe thinking he wants a go in the bird house too!! So cute love it x

Anonymous said...

A stunning card, with my favorite, Polka Dots!!

Stella said...

That birdhouse is lovely; I must make acard with that die:) Love the dotted backgroud too; your design is - as always - perfect!
Thanks for the brilliant tip!
Hope to chat soon,hugs!
XXX

Jinny Newlin said...

Great tip, love, and such a beautiful creation! Beautiful use of that die cut, and I just adore the colorful, polka dot background!

Diane said...

Beautiful card....loving those birdies...I wonder if I have them...probably not, but maybe some similar....great tip, too!! I have your package all ready to go, now to get it in the mail..will let you know as soon as it posts, so you can keep an eye out for it!

Darnell said...

Okay, good Lord, where to start?! Let me just say that once again I love everything about this card and I want all the exact products so I can COPY it verbatim!! It's spectacular, Ros!! Thank you so much for the forehead-slapping tip on making tiny glossy things!! And thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Enjoy your day and I hope your mojo juice resumes normal flowing soon!! (In the meantime, you still make better cards without mojo than most of us do WITH mojo!!) Hugs, Darnell