Monday, October 17, 2016

A New Baby and a Black Cat

Good morning...

How was your weekend?
 DH gained a long awaited for granddaughter "Felicity Lucy"
We don't have any photos yet - His eldest son and DIL live in Derbyshire and they have been trying for a baby for many years ... Felicity was their 5th and final IVF attempt...

"Mum to be" went in to the hospital on Thursday morning and the baby wasn't born until 2pm on Saturday! Though it was a normal delivery, the baby was so big (10lbs) that poor mum ended up in the O.R. for 2 hours and lost 4 pints of blood.  I'm sure you can imagine what our weekend has been like... 
Mum is still in the HDU but recovering well and baby is doing fine.

I managed to steal a few hours in my craft room and did a rough sketch with a fine liner on ordinary CS and did some watercolouring


My friend is sick and this is for her ... She is also a cat lover and it was her house that Missy turned up at, after trying to find her owners without success, she kept her but Missy didn't get along with her own cats hence we took her. 
 So I attempted to draw a cat like Missy looking out of a window


It's not perfect but I know my friend will love it

Have yourselves a great day ... I'll be back tomorrow

~ Ros ~

12 comments:

Margot said...

....13 october our black cat died.... he was 17 years old... his favorite place was the garden... how great and lovely is this card!

Stella said...

And again; congrats on baby girl Felicity! I am in awe of your talents; fab drawing and your water colouring always makes me sigh....
XXXXX

Greta said...

Congratulations to you & hubby on the new grandbaby--how exciting! What an ordeal for the momma & pretty scary, so glad to hear she's recovering OK. Your card looks perfect to me, Ros--beautiful drawing, watercoloring & design!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats and I wish MOM a speedy recovery!
Lovely scene with the cat!

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on the birth of a grand daughter! How sweet...as is this card, Ros!

Carole said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new Grandaughter........hope mum and baby are doing well! Love your black cat in the window, you are so artistic. Hope you are well again now!

Maria said...

Huge congrats on a new granddaughter in the family! A 10 lb. baby is quite the size for the mother and I hope she is feeling much better! I'm sure she's thrilled she's finally able to hold the sweet one in her arms! Your card is so sweet with the cat for your friend! Love your sketches and water coloring. I think you do a very fine job at it...can't wait to see more!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, she's going to really love it, Ros! You are a multi-talented lady! I can't even draw a stick figure worth beans. This is really pretty and the cat is so sweet. Pssst... thank you for my bday card and the flowers -- an unexpected surprise!

Sue Lelli said...

I'm sure your friend LOVED this! Your drawing of the kitty looking out the window is FAB! The birth on the other hand was awful! After 5 IVFs I'm sure she would have endured anything but OUCH! 10 pounds! YIKES!

Barbara said...

What a lovely cat - I can practically hear her purr! Congratulations on the new addition to the family, too.

Tracy said...

Yes it is perfect...more so because you hand drew it. Sweet little scene Ros. Congrats to your hubby on the new grandbaby.

Diane said...

Congratulations on the baby...wow, so happy for them...I love babies!! Another beautiful card, love that cat, looks like around here! We are feeding 8 semi feral cats and 5 are black with mixed colors!