Saturday, February 18, 2017

Plant Pots

Hello ...
It's pretty miserable here today, dull and damp but hey! My city of Liverpool has been voted the friendliest city in the UK! 
Well, we are that kind of people....Except of course for the workmen who promised to be here at 8am and now it nearly 10 and still no sign.... Heck I could have had another hour in bed!

So what do you do when you have a little time and a lot of scraps? You make plant pots right? And you pretend it's Spring...


See I had all these flowers that I was going to use on a club project but after cutting them I realised they were far to small and delicate for the group to handle so I drew plant pots and coloured them 


And used up some scraps and left over painted pieces... It got to be addictive


...Before I knew it I had made 4 cards


The pots are covered in glossy dimensional... not that you can really see that
I'll share the others later in the week - One workman has just arrived, sheesh!

Have a fabulous day

~ Ros ~

14 comments:

Viv said...

Fab array of cards Ros.
My home city too - and the vote was never in doubt!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Ros. I came over from Inkspirational to tell you how much I love your GD card, and then I ran across these fantastic cards that put a BIG smile on my face. I have been trying to use scraps lately in my cardmaking too, and it really is so fun to take something that was intended for one thing, and comes out as something completly different at a different time! I love all of these and I love the hopeful feeling of the coming of Spring. I love your comment about pretending it's Spring... Thanks for this pearl in my day.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, they're so cute with the birds and the bits of background. Your group would probably love this, but maybe with bigger flowers. Good thing you saved them, 'cause you made such pretty cards!

Stella said...

With less sleep you still are on a roll; your cards are lovely! And a great way to use ythese flowers and some scraps. I especially love the two with that little black bird. Fab!
XX

Maria said...

Beautiful tiny flowers! Awesome pots and sweet birds, too! And, huge congrats to Liverpool for being voted friendliest city in UK!!

Tracy said...

Precious! So sweet with their birdie company. Lovely use of those scraps Ros. Hugs!

Marina said...

These are so pretty! Come on, spring!

nancy littrell said...

Adorable pots of flowers and card designs with your scraps. Glad you had to wait for your workers. TFS Ros. Hugs...

Greta said...

You gotta wonder how they stay in business! But hey--you sure made good use of your time making these wonderful cards, Ros! Creative layouts & so pretty! Love how you tied on the silver thread!

Mac Mable said...

Cute and adorable and great way of using the left over pieces. Loving the dimensional pots. Brought a warm smile to my face on a damp day. Hope the work is going well? x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I can see Spring is around the corner Ros, beautiful and lovely creation!

Diane said...

Beautiful group of cards Ros, and a great way to use the flowers...I can just see these beauties tied together with a ribbon and envelopes as a beautiful gift set that anyone would love!

Sylvia said...

Sweet Spring cards, Ros, your cards just keep getting better and better...well they are perfect!

Barbara said...

Fantastic use for all these flowers! I'm glad the workmen did get there at some point...