Thursday, April 27, 2017

Christening Card

Good morning!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed me sharing my little album yesterday ... Thank you so much for your comments

Today I have a christening card to share with you... My hubby's granddaughter (his eldest son's baby) is being christened on Sunday and yes, I am invited to this one ...You may remember that last year his daughter had her son christened and I was not invited, so to save any problems we are just going to the church service on Sunday and then coming home. It's a shame but I'm afraid his daughter has made it awkward for everyone...

Anyway here's the card I made for Felicity's special day


I confess I'm not in my comfort zone making special occasion cards... I'm happier with birthday and everyday cards... For this I started by blending (and water splattering)
 inks onto a piece of CS and cut out some balloons and then some glitter hearts and stars


I was just going to attach them behind the heart but it seemed to me that it needed just a little something else and that when I decided to add some netting and popped it all up with foam tape


I computer generated that sentiment on the heart and then stamped and embossed the 'Hugs & kisses" in silver...

I'm linking this up to SSS Work it Wednesday Challenge


Have a beautiful day ...  I'm afraid it's wet and cold here

~ Ros ~



19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card. So clever, so unique and so thoughtful. Loving the layering of those ever so pretty balloons, hearts and stars. One talented lady x. Glad you are going to the church x

Diane said...

Beautifully created Ros and the netting underneath is the perfect soft and dreamy element. What a beautiful card to treasure! We had a rain storm last night and rain for the next five days with cooling temperatures, guess you know where I will be, in here crafting away!

Carole said...

I love your card Ros...it's so very pretty and very unusual. Shame about the family thing...the younger generation seem to have so much power these days!

Stella said...

A card is gorgeous as this will turn into a keepsake. I hope that Sunday will be a lovely day. Reading your post your week must be filled to the brim. After Sunday only a few days before you go to Majorca!
XXX

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, I remember. I don't understand, but I remember. You amaze me with this design. A real WOW! Pretty colors with the white, and the netting and gems take it to a whole other level. I'm in awe.

Greta said...

Wet & cold here, too, but they're promising sunshine soon! You've outdone yourself with this masterpiece, Ros--truly a keepsake for that little one! Absolutely love the balloon cut from the inked/splotched cardstock--gotta try that! The addition of the netting is brilliant--makes it girly & I love it! Enjoy the day & ignore the negative one who just hurts herself cutting you out of her life. Big hugs, Greta

Marina said...

Very special!

Lin said...

What a sweet card for this special occasion, Ros! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Maria said...

How beautiful is the christening card with the balloons and stars! Love the big heart with her lovely name and date, too!

nancy littrell said...

Ros, Your card is so sweet and filled with love for a very special little one. I love how you die cut your balloons from a piece of smooshed and splattered background. Adding the netting really softened your entire card. TFS my friend. Hugs....

Tracy said...

This is precious! The tulle really adds something special. Enjoy the service. Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Ros! What a beautiful card! Love all the pretty balloons! Hope you have fun at the christening!

Barbara said...

You can definitely go into the christening card business - what a gorgeous card! I love the colors and how the balloons and stars look like they're cake pops!
Sorry to hear about the weird situation you (and everybody, really) have found yourself in with your husband's daughter. Take the invitation this year as a thawing in relations - things might normalize step by step.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful Christening card for little Felicity... It was a fabulous idea to add the netting. Such a special touch.

Davi said...

Well Ros who would guess you feel out of your element! This is absolutely FABulous!! I love the balloons and stars popped up! What an amazing keepsake for little Felicity! Im sorry you have to deal with that kind of behavior, I also experience that same stuff and its NO fun!! I say its their loss, but doesnt really make it easier :)

Zue said...

Hi Ros
I also loved your album and I did write a comment for you.....somewhere.

It doesn't seem to be underneath the post, so I don't know if you got it.

Sometimes you think you have sent something then realise you didn't press send....that's what must have happened.
Have a great bank holiday tomorrow.
Sue xxx

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE this design! The balloons and hearts and stars are so FESTIVE!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous!!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christening card, Ros...love all the different shapes! All caught up now, no excuses this time for being behind!