Thursday, July 13, 2017

Birthday Gull

Hello...

I've a few "birthday boys" to make cards for in the next few weeks...
They're always a bit of a challenge don't you think? So I decided to make a few cards with the one design using the MFT Seaside Gulls set again...


I didn't have a stamp of the posts and I was going to draw them but I came across a free digi here which I altered slightly (added some lines and took out the bird) before sizing and printing then I coloured it with Copics


I then masked off the posts to do a little blending before adding the seagull - To finish off I stamped some birds from an old Wplus 9 set and computer generated the front sentiment


Inside it has the sentiment that came with the gull set 
"I want you to be as happy as a seagull with a chip"

At least I have a few spare in case an unexpected birthday comes along... 

It's a glorious day here, I have grocery shopping to do and club night tonight so I'll bid you farewell and hope you have a lovely day

~ Ros ~

14 comments:

Zue said...

Perfect card design for a guy and good to make a run of them. Great idea !
Have a good day, Ros.
Xxx

Aneta said...

It's great idea to have some cards "just in case", I'm also working on that at the moment.
This one is so beautiful! Perfectly coloured.

Leslie Miller said...

When you spotted this set you saw all the fun and versatility in it, and you've turned out some mighty cute cards! Love this one with the extras you added. Beautiful beachy sky. It makes a great card for a guy's birthday, and those are not always easy to come up with. Good thing to have some spares!

Diane said...

I had a chuckle when I read the sentiment, another fabulous seagull card and I love how you always find just the right 'props'! It is VERY hot and humid here today and to cool down tomorrow which I m hoping to spend as much of the day as I can outside in the flowers!!

Mac Mable said...

Oh that gull is so adorable and so cute...Striking card Ros and loving the attention to detail x

Mia said...

What a fabulous card, Ros! I love the gull!

Marina said...

Cleverly done with posts - this is a great design!

Pamellia said...

HAHA, a seagull with a chip. Love that. What a sweet card Ros. Love the image, it's so light-hearted. A wonderful birthday card design. hugs and happy weekend to you :)

Greta said...

You are the queen of that gulls stamp set, Ros--another incredible card! The posts are fabulous as is your background & coloring of the gull! Glad you had some nice weather instead of dreary & hope group went well--I know it's always fun even though hectic! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

Such a fun gull and digi pilings. Beautifully colored and wonderful CAS design. TFS Ros. Sounds like a fun day too. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Maria said...

Wonderful masculine summer birthday card with the seagull! Love that seagull stamp set, so fun!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This seagull is a fun set, your proof it again and again! Lovely work!

Tracy said...

Oh those posts are perfect! Just what that gull needed. Super fun cards for your stash Ros. Hugs!

Barbara said...

I think I will never see enough of your cards with that seagull set - they're all adorable!