Monday, July 17, 2017

Mermaid Wishes

Good morning lovely people...

Did you have a good weekend? It was a little manic here - Ginger boy got sick with a water infection and it meant a trip to the vet. I hate to have to take him, he gets so stressed. Poor boy underwent a very embarrassing examination and the indignation of being weighed! He was not very happy I can tell you. Other than a shot for the pain, the vet couldn't give any meds until I get a 'sample' to them to test.  It's not been an easy job I tell 'ya! But I succeeded and we have to wait now to see what they say.
I hate it when the animals are sick, it's such a worry...

So Thursday Club finishes this week with their usual disco... And I've promised myself to get ahead with some projects for next term, one of which is a mermaid card. I've painted and sprayed cardstock to use and decided to made a little card from some off cuts


Pat gave me the die for the mermaid and I used Avery Elle coral dies as well


I cut that oval shape simply because the centre piece of the card was used for something else and I didn't want to waste what was left...


...Then filled the space with Nuvo drops

We're heading off to the Netherlands at the end of the week and I only hope Ginger is better by then. Thankfully Mikey will be here with him and I know he will be in good hands and spoilt rotten!

Wishing you all lovely day

~ Ros ~

15 comments:

Diane said...

Oh how I love the mermaid! What a fabulous design and how perfect those Nuvo Drops worked on this card..don't you just love those. Great use of your leftovers, too! Have fun on your trip and I hope Ginger cat feels better before you go. We found a home for our little rescue kitty and oh how I hope it is a good one...I have become attached and will miss her terribly!

Tracy said...

You can't help but think underwater with these wonderful shades. Your mermaid looks like a mystery woman in the depths. Lovely Ros. Hope Ginger cat is well soon. Hugs!

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty colours on your card and great to use up what was left. Love the dimension and the layout too x Sorry to hear about Ginger boy and yes it's heartbreaking when animals get sick x

Greta said...

Ah--seeing Stella & her family soon--ENJOY & give her a big hug from me! I keep thinking you couldn't come up with something better & then you do! Absolutely wonderful card, Ros--just keep staring at it! The results of your painting & spraying are stunning & love the design! So, so sorry to hear about Ginger cat & hope there's an easy treatment to make him better. Sending hugs to you, my friend--Greta

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I know what you mean, sometimes when I see Papi in pain when he is not well, it just hurts me even more and wish I am the one who is sick instead of him because at least I can tell and poor him, we just have to guess.
Lovely card, I hope you have a wonderful trip, I love the Netherlands!

Marina said...

Fabulous watery look. Get well soon to Ginger.

Davi said...

Wow Ros is that gorgeous! Hope Ginger recovers soon!

Maria said...

Such a lovely mermaid card, Ros! Love the pretty colors, scallop frame, and wonderful touch with the Nuvo drops! Have a great time in the Netherlands visiting with Stella! Can't wait to see the photos, have fun!

Leslie Miller said...

Such beautiful colors and the design for the mermaid die cut is just perfect! Love the coral in all the right places, too. You make the most gorgeous backgrounds, sigh... I can't imagine how you got a sample from your Ginger cat, but I'm glad you did. I hope he gets some relief and treatment soon.

Sue Lelli said...

Love the colors and the mermaid and coral! Just Delightful!

Darnell said...

Ros, your left-over negative oval was perfect for the beautiful mermaid and her lovely ocean surroundings! The colors are amazing! I hope Ginger boy can get on meds soon and recover quickly and I hope you have a brilliant time in the Netherlands!! Hugs, Darnell

Mau xx said...

Hi Ros, back from my long break! So sorry that Ginger is poorly, hope he is better soon.
I love your card! what a great ocean look, Brilliant!!! Enjoy your time away xx Mau

Zue said...

Oh lucky you.
I hope you have a wonderful time in the Netherlands.
It's the worst thing in the world watching our pets suffering.....poor Ginger!
Xxx

Barbara said...

Oh, how wonderful! And I get a feeling I'd like to jump right into the water with your mermaid, wherever she is. The colors are fantastic. And I love how you made use of the left-over oval center. Enjoy your trip to the Netherlands!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a crisp and beautiful card Ros. Love the layout and the colors, so very pretty. Hugs for Ginger!