Saturday, July 01, 2017

Welcome July

Good morning and Welcome to July - It's a lovely sunny day here

It's been a good week, I made a few cards, did a little crocheting and caught up with my friend Hilary for lunch yesterday - I haven't seen her since her wedding day and it was lovely to see her looking so radiant...

I also won a Top Pick at CAS Watercolour Challenge - I'm thrilled! 
A big "Thank you" to Bonnie and Loll for picking my card!

One of the cards I did this week was made from some of my (many) left over pieces


I remember making those star fish years ago using some Sculpy clay... This one was hiding in a box


I die cut a lot of frames to use on my cards so I have quite a few of the centre squares left over - For this one I used a stencil for the BG and some distress inks which I first splattered with water and I'm not sure if you can see but I also splattered some silver ink... 


This is writing ink and if you are in the UK, The Works is now selling them in various colours and they are brilliant for splattering. In the past I've used gold and it works well with no mixing required.
I also used the ink to paint over the star fish to give it a lovely sheen...

That's me for today ... I've got bread proving and when it's done we are off out for a few hours.

Have a lovely day!

~ Ros ~

14 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful card Ros...shows how it is best never to throw anything out...lovely little starfish! xx

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful CAS design Ros. what a great way to uses the positives from your frame.Love the soft sponging with the sea grass and star fish.The silver embossing adds an elegant touch.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip about the inks..I shall take a look at our local store. Your blending is so pretty and love the ink splats. So glad you had a good week and hope the bread was yummy? Love the new blog header too x

Davi said...

This is beautiful Ros? My favorite color!

Darlene said...

This is just gorgeous ... I LOVE your color choices and the background/overall design is just exquisite! Have a fabulous day!! HUGS from OHIO, USA

Barbara said...

I've always liked the green/lilac color combo (even had glasses in these colors once!) so your card is a winner with me!

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Ros on your CAS Watercolour Top Pick (Summer). Your card was voted by all the DT as our Top Pick:-)

Your new card is a beauty too. Love your CAS design, striped stenciled background and clay star fish. TFS my friend. Hugs..Enjoy your sunshine!

Leslie Miller said...

You make the prettiest beachy-themed cards! Love the purple and the gentle stripes and cute starfish on this. The silver ink splatters with silver embossed sentiment give it a touch of magic. Just dreamy, Ros! Glad to hear you're having some fun!

Maria said...

Such gorgeous colors with the purple and green!! And, the star fish is fabulous! Amazing card...love it!!

Greta said...

Sounds like a great week, Ros! How fun to meet your friend for lunch--without all the hustle of the wedding. The starfish is amazing & I love the beautiful stripes! Wonder if there's something like that ink here--would be great to have it for splatters.

Pamellia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ros! Love these colours together and the ombre style blending in the background pattern. The coral and starfish are wonderful, love this!! hugs :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's a pretty card with lovely colors and texture!

Tracy said...

Well isn't that little starfish the cutest thing. LOVE your inked background.

Diane said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I love the splatters, they add so much to an already beautiful card!